I feel like Instagram is putting toast on the map. 🙂 Like when I was a kid it was butter, peanut butter, or jelly. And I didn’t even like jelly.
Then came the avocado wave, and suddenly toast was chic. I don’t know what inspired me to make this. Probably Pinterest. But before I knew it I was sautéing bananas in cinnamon coconut oil and layering it with granola. Guys, this toast is BOMB. Like, so good. It’s pretty rich, even though it’s a way lightened up, super skinny version of banana fosters. It makes the perfect dessert or mid-day snack; but I won’t judge you if you have it for breakfast. 😉
- 2 pieces of gluten free or sprouted bread
- 1 banana, sliced
- coconut oil
- 2% plain greek yogurt
- Add a big spoonful of coconut oil and a few dashes of cinnamon to a small skillet over medium heat and mix together.
- Carefully add the sliced banana and cook on each side for about 4 minutes until crispy.
- Toss the banana in the cinnamon oil at the end to get the sides coated.
- Spread plain greek yogurt onto toasted bread, and top with the banana and granola.