Lou and I had a green smoothie for breakfast every morning for no joke like four years straight. It was quick, easy, healthy, and like lived up to my blog’s name. 😉
Now we have transitioned into a different routine. I am making a shake in the morning using almond milk, collagen peptides, plant-based protein and maca powder for a protein packed breakfast that is really low in sugar. Lou leaves for the gym at 5:45am every morning (God bless him), so he isn’t eating until he gets to work.
Not to say we won’t get back on our S4B kick again eventually, but right now this is working for us. What we did need is something to grab out of the fridge and eat quickly or bring to work for breakfast. Overnight oats are my jam, but I wanted to switch things up a bit.
This Blackberry Baked Oatmeal is the winner. Cold or warm it’s so damn delicious. I pack it for a snack later in the day and Lou cuts himself a square for after the gym. Top with any fruit your little heart desires. 🙂
- 1 cup of mashed banana
- 3/4 cup of almond milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup ghee butter
- 2 tablespoons of pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups of rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the banana, almond milk, eggs, ghee butter, maple syrup and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Add in the oats, cinnamon and salt and combine.
- Fold in the blackberries if you prefer them mixed through.
- Pour the batter into a greased* 8x8 pan.
- Top with blackberries if you did not mix them in.
- Bake for 25.
- Allow to cool slightly before cutting.