I have been making this Butternut Squash and Kale Frittata almost every week lately! It’s the easiest way to have eggs and veggies in the morning with literally no prep involved. I just cut a slice, heat and eat. 🙂 Lou and I will also have it for dinner on nights when we don’t want to cook.
You really can’t go wrong with a frittata recipe! I love this butternut squash and kale combo with the goat cheese on top, but any mixture of veggies is fine! I tend to leave out any meat since there’s more than enough protein going on in there, but if you’re all about the organic sausage toss it in. 🙂
- olive oil
- 2 cups of cubed butternut squash
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper
- 3 handfuls of raw chopped kale
- 8-10 eggs
- goat cheese
- sea salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss the butternut squash in olive oil, sea salt and pepper and bake for about 30 minutes until fork tender.
- In a medium bowl, add all the cracked eggs with a dash of sea salt and pepper and whisk. Set aside.
- In a medium oven-safe skillet, add olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion and pepper and sauté until just tender.
- Add the kale and sauté until tender.
- Add the roasted butternut squash, a few dashes of sea salt and pepper and mix together.
- Pour the eggs into the pan and turn the heat to medium-low.
- Cook until the the top starts to set, but there is still some liquid on the top.
- Add the crumbled goat cheese to the top.
- Turn the broiler on high and place the skillet in the oven for a few minutes until the top is completely set and browned slightly.
- *depending on your pan size, you may want to start with 8 eggs and if there is room whisk two more and add them in.
You Might Need These