Ok next time I have people over I am absolutely making this for the appetizer! It’s one of my favorites yet, and it’s healthy! This time I just sat and ate them by myself. Party of one. 😉
So I have been loving Barely Bread lately. It’s a great paleo bread company that makes everything from sliced bread, to baguettes, to amazing garlic and sea salt bagels. Not an ad, just a great brand that I am loving right now!
You can use any bread your little heart desires, but for this recipe I used their paleo baguette and toasted the slices in the oven until it they were nice and crispy. Then I topped them with guacamole and this super simple chili lime shrimp that can be made even easier if you get Trader Joe’s Chili Lime Seasoning! I am literally about about making things as easy as possible when I cook. 🙂 Hope you guys enjoy!
- 1 loaf of bread (we used Barely Bread)
- Guacamole (store bought or homemade)
- Shrimp (pre-cooked)
- Olive oil
- Chili powder
- Garlic powder
- 1/2 lime
- Red pepper flakes
- Slice bread and place on baking sheet.
- Broil on high until toasted.
- In a pan, add olive oil over medium heat.
- Add shrimp to the pan (if frozen, defrost before) and season with garlic powder and chili powder until well coated. *I don't measure, use more of less chili powder based on spice preference.
- Squeeze the juice of 1/2 lime over the shrimp, and then sauté until the shrimp has fully heated and cooked down in size.
- Spread guacamole onto each piece of toast.
- Top with one piece of shrimp and a dash of red pepper flakes.
- You can also use Trader Joe's Chili Lime seasoning mix instead!