It’s the most wonderful time of the yearrrr… Football season, of course!
This past Sunday I watched the games at Maria’s. Lou had his wings, his second order of wings and his beer and Maria and I had our Clean Artichoke Dip with Brown Rice Chips. The Giants were winning (finally) and so were the Patriots, so everyone was happy 🙂
The only time I’ve ever had artichoke dip was at a sports bar. I looked up what a regular artichoke dip has for ingredients and found mayonnaise, a packet of cream cheese, butter, sour cream, parmesan cheese…holy smokes! Let’s just say I am in love with this Clean Artichoke Dip that is wholesome and healthy!
Now back to football. Let’s go Pats!
- 1 can/jar of organic artichoke hearts (approx. 14 oz), drained
- 1 can of organic great northern beans or cannelloni beans drained and rinsed
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- 2-3 tablespoons of lemon juice (personal preference)
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
- Generous dash of sea salt & pepper (add more to taste)
- Drain the artichoke hearts.
- Add everything to a blender and pulse until combined. You should still be able to see artichoke pieces, don't puree!
- Enjoy warm or room temperature.