With the holidays finally winding down, I’ve been getting back to into my routine of healthy meals with lots of veggies. I have a solid week off from work (woo!) so although I wanted to get back to cooking my own meals, I didn’t want to be killing myself in the kitchen either. I like to stay within the minimal to moderate effort range.
I’ve made this super easy pesto zoodles with cherry tomatoes recipe for lunch for two days now because it’s so quick and so delicious. Plus it’s the perfect one-serving meal! Feel free to make your own fresh pesto if you want to push the effort envelope a bit. 😉
- 1 large zucchini
- olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of basil pesto (I used Trader Joe's brand, *more to taste)
- 1/2 cup of tricolored cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- use a spiralizer to create zoodles
- using paper towels, gently squeeze as much excess water from the zoodles as possible
- add a small amount of olive oil in a pan over medium heat
- sautée the noodles until heated fully through
- remove the zoodles from the pan and place in a medium bowl, leaving any excess liquid in the pan
- add the pesto and cherry tomatoes and mix through
- transfer to a plate and top with pine nuts.
- double or triple the recipe!