Yes these have spinach in them.
Yes they taste like chocolate.
Yes I expect you to lie to your children and your friends.
These Gluten Free Chocolate Spinach Muffins are low in calories (about 150 calories per muffin), low in fat, and sweetened with natural sugar. They are healthy enough to eat for breakfast, and chocolately enough to have for dessert. 🙂
- 1 1/2 cups of rolled oats or gluten free oats
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup of coconut palm sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoons of baking soda
- 1 7oz container of plain Greek yogurt
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 2 large organic eggs
- 3-4 large handfuls of spinach
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a blender, add in the oats and blend until they turn into a flour consistency.
- Pour into a medium mixing bowl, and add in the cocoa powder, coconut palm sugar, baking powder and baking soda.
- Mix until combined.
- In the blender, add in the spinach first, yogurt, eggs, and banana and blend until smooth.
- Pour the liquid batter into the mixing bowl, and mix with the dry ingredients until combined. (*If you would like to mix in the chocolate chips instead of placing them on top, mix in now).
- Pour the batter into a well-greased or lined muffin tin, filling each slot about 3/4 of the way.
- Top with a few chocolate chips.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the muffin tin for about 10 minutes before removing and placing on a cooling rack.
- Store in an air tight container.
Shop the Post