This Pesto Pasta with Broccolini and Organic Chicken Sausage is a great dish for the first week of the Clean Program cleanse. There is no gluten, dairy, sugar or artificial preservatives anywhere in there, yet it’s still comforting and delicious!
For the new few workdays I will be alternating between this pasta dish and a veggie-based salad for lunch. I like to have at least two different lunch options for the workweek; that way I don’t get bored. I make sure at least one of the meals is always made up of raw leafy greens. 🙂 And for any of our vegan followers, feel free to replace the chicken sausage with cannelloni beans for an alternative source of protein.
We hope everyone is off to a great start! Don’t forget to take a look at all of our Clean Cleanse Recipes for ideas, and email us or write below with any comments or questions!
- 1 package of brown rice or quinoa pasta
- 2 bundles of broccolini
- 1 package of organic chicken sausage with no casing
- 4 cups of loosely packed basil
- 2 cups of loosely packed spinach
- 2 large cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons of lemon juice (or more for based on preference)
- ⅓ cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup of pine nuts or pistachios
- Sea salt & Pepper (a few dashes to start, adjust to taste preference)
- Add the basil, spinach, garlic, lemon juice, pine nuts/pistachios, and a dash of sea salt and pepper to a blender or food processor.
- Begin to blend on low, slowly adding olive oil until desired consistency in reached.
- Set pesto aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, add a drizzle of olive oil to a pan over medium heat. Add the chicken sausage and sauté until it begins to brown.
- Add in the broccolini and sauté until just tender.
- Mix in the pesto.
- Drain pasta, add it to the pan and mix through.
Shop the Post