Hemp seeds are one of those super foods that we should all be trying to eat more often. They are full of omega-6 and omega-3’s, a great source of protein, and my favorite benefit, they make you feel fuller for longer, so you avoid overeating. 🙂 I love to sprinkle these babes over my smoothies, in my yogurt, or of course, make these delicious No-Bake Hemp Seed Bars for a grab-and-go snack or breakfast. Hope you guys enjoy!
HEMP SEED BENEFITS
Ideal omega-6/omega-3 ratio (which is hard to find!)
Great source of plant-based protein
Contains all of the essential amino acids
High in soluble and un-soluble fiber to support digestion
Supports weight loss by helping you feel fuller longer and reducing sugar cravings
- 1 1/2 cups of raw almonds
- 1 1/2 cups of hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup of natural peanut butter or almond butter
- 1/4 cup of melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/2 cup of cocoa nibs or mini chocolate chips
- Add the almonds to a blender or food processor and pulse until the almonds are broken down, but not a fine flour consistency.
- Pour the almonds into a large mixing bowl, and mix in the rest of the ingredients until fully combined.
- Line a 8x8 glass baking dish with parchment paper, and then pour the the mixture in.
- Spread out until even, and then place a second piece of parchment paper on top and press down firmly.
- Place in the freezer for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove and cut into bars or squares.
- Store in the fridge or freezer
For Your Hemp Bars