No-Bake Peanut Butter Cheerio Bars
I love cereal. It’s one of those guilty pleasure things for me that I don’t keep in the apartment that often because I’ll eat like four bowls at once. 🙂 However, over the past few months I’ve been eating plain Cheerio’s or Joe’s O’s when I wake up and need carbs. I like these two options because they are fortified with folic acid which I need, and really low in sugar!
So then what do I do? Mix together peanut butter and honey, melt some chocolate, and turn my nice low sugar cereal into a dessert. 😉 These No-Bake Peanut Butter Cheerio Bars are ridiculously easy to make and so damn delicious. I keep them in the freezer for moments of weakness. 🙂
- 1/2 cup of natural peanut butter
- 1/3 cup of honey or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 3 cups of plain Cheerios or Joe's O's
- 1/4 cup of dark chocolate chips
- grease an 8x8 pan (I used coconut oil)
- In a medium saucepan, add the peanut butter, honey and vanilla and stir over medium low heat until warm and creamy
- add in the three cups of cheerios and mix through until well combined
- pour the peanut butter cheerios into pan and press down firmly and evenly
- in a small bowl or sauce pan, melt the chocolate and then drizzle over the bars
- place in the freezer for 15 minutes until firm
- cut into squares and enjoy!