It’s almost Valentine’s Day, and ironically I have plans every night this week but tomorrow. 😉
But for you ladies who have love locked down, it’s always nice to show that little extra appreciation on Valentine’s Day. I tend to go more for the simple yet thoughtful route, and one of my favorite ways to do that is with food. I’m going to take a guess and say that S4B may not be his top pick for recipes, but it’s the thought that counts. Try whipping up some yummy and festive overnight oats for both of you to start your day with a healthy and hearty breakfast. Then leave the wine, chocolates, and lingerie for later. 🙂
- 2 cups of rolled oats
- 2 cups of unsweetened almond milk
- 3 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1-3 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons of flax meal (*optional)
- 1 large banana, sliced (*optional)
- Natural peanut butter (no sugar added)
- Fresh raspberries or strawberries
- Mix all the ingredients EXCEPT for the peanut butter and raspberries in a medium dish.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator for at least a few hours until all the milk is absorbed.
- When ready to assemble, mash the fresh raspberries or strawberries and layer by placing the overnight oats in a jar, then a spoonful of peanut butter, and then fresh raspberries until you reach the top.
- I prefer to add the sliced banana into the overnight oat mixture before placing it in the fridge. However, you can also layer the banana instead!