I’m 30 years old and snow days are just as exciting as when I was 10. Besides the fact that I don’t step foot outside, the feeling of an unexpected day off is really just the best. And unlike many of you who still had to work from home (I literally bugged Lou all day), I’m a speech pathologist in a special needs pre-school; so no school means no work. 🙂
Yesterday I woke up (late) and was about to make coffee and my typical green smoothie when I decided to slide the kale back into my fridge and make something new. I recently bought the mocha flavored protein by Vega, and I’m obsessed! I let my coffee cool, poured it into my blender with the protein and a few other ingredients, and ended up with this rich and creamy Peanut Butter Mocha Protein Shake. If you don’t have the mocha protein don’t worry, you can use chocolate instead and still get a hint of rich coffee flavor . 🙂
- 8oz unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup of coffee or a single espresso
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 tablespoon of natural peanut butter
- 1 scoop of Vega Mocha Protein Powder (*or chocolate protein)
- Allow coffee/espresso to cool for a minute.
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
Mocha Shake Essentials