The temp has quickly dropped in NYC, and it finally feels like Fall. 🙂
And with that comes warm and cozy dishes and pumpkin everything. We’re starting out this season with Gluten Free Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies for dessert. These cookies come out so chewy and delicious, and can be easily made vegan as well with a flax egg!
So grab your pumpkin latte and a bag of gluten free baking flour, and whip these cookies up in less than 20 minutes!
- 1 cup of Bob's Red Mill 1:1 Gluten Free Baking Flour
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon of coconut palm sugar
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- a dash of sea salt
- 1/2 cup of organic pumpkin puree
- 1 egg (*or flax egg)
- 3 tablespoons of pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a small mixing bowl (gluten free flour flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, coconut sugar, baking soda, salt)
- Mix the wet ingredients together in a separate medium mixing bowl (pumpkin, egg, maple syrup, vanilla).
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- *Chill in the fridge for 10-15 minutes for a more workable dough
- Take spoonfuls of batter, roll into a ball and pat down into a "cookie" shape onto a lightly greased cookie sheet (they will not spread much). If dough is still a tad sticky, wet your hands slightly.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes, they will still appear soft when done baking.
- Allow to cool completely.
- I like to store mine in the fridge 🙂
Shop the Post