I’m a sucker for the convenience of a granola bar. I can’t tell you the number of times I walk past a health food store, realize I’m starving, and then take like ten minutes to pick out which bar I ‘think is best.’ Unless I see This Bar Saves Lives. That one usually get me.
And although there is now quite the selection of healthy-ish bars out there, it’s always better to make them yourself if you have the time. For this fall we have these Pumpkin Spice Granola Bars that are just sweet enough and really simple to make. 🙂
- 2 cups of oats, divided
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1½ teaspoons of pumpkin spice
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ⅔ cup of pumpkin puree
- ⅓ cup of raw honey
- 3 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- ⅓ cup of raw almond, roughly chopped
- ⅓ cup of raw cocoa nibs or mini chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup of unsweetened dried cranberries
- Preheat your oven to 300 degrees F.
- Place a ½ cup of oats into a food processor or blender and process into a "flour-like" consistency.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the remaining 1½ cups of oats, ½ cup of "oat flour", cinnamon, pumpkin spice and salt.
- In a separate bowl combine the pumpkin puree, raw honey, maple syrup and vanilla.
- Combine the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients and mix through.
- Fold in the almonds, cocoa nibs/chocolate chips and cranberries.
- Lightly grease a 9x9 pan or line with parchment paper.
- Evenly press the mixture into the pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Cool completely before cutting into 12 bars.
- Original recipe from Clean Eating Chelsea
Shop the Post