So technically I should have named these “Skinnier” cut out cookies. But no one would have Googled that…
These are your traditional cut out cookies. A sugar cookie dough that can be cut into any holiday-fun themed shapes that you can find at Crate & Barrel. These cookies are gluten free (woo!), and also have half the butter and refined sugar than the typical recipe. There is still a 1/2 cup of white sugar in there… I’m a blogger, not God.
But I do have to say these Skinny Cut Out Cookies are pretty damn good! I don’t think anyone would realize they are a gluten free and “skinny-er” version. If they do, frost them. Just kidding. 😉
Wishing all of you a very happy holiday! xo
- 3 cups of Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free 1:1 Flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 cup of coconut palm sugar
- 1/2 cup of pure cane sugar
- 1/2 cup of butter (I used Earth Balance vegan butter)
- 1/4 cup of plain greek yogurt (I used Fage)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of almond milk
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the flour and the baking soda. Set aside.
- In a lage mixing bowl, add the sugar, butter and yogurt and beat with an electric mixer.
- Add the egg, vanilla and almond milk, and continue beating until combined.
- Slowly pour in the flour and mix with a spoon until combined.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator (while the oven is pre-heating)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll out the dough onto wax paper and cut out shapes with a cookie cutter.
- Place on an un-greased cookie sheet, and bake for 10 minutes.
- Allow to fully cool on a cooling rack.