The Super Bowl is this weekend and because the Patriots lost in the playoffs, we don’t really care. 😉
Just kidding. I’ll still watch it for the commercials, Beyonce, and obviously the snacks. But since we just got off of a 21 day cleanse, my body might literally go into shock if I start shoving my face with nachos and pizza bagels.
So here’s a recipe for a Super Bowl classic gone veggie. These Skinny Sweet Potato Nachos may not necessarily make the guys jump up from the couch… Lou often likes to say, “It looks good, but where’s the meat?” However, they are perfect for us ladies. I mean, just ask yourself WWBE. What would Beyonce eat?
- 2 large sweet potatos, sliced into thin rounds
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- 1/2 cup of shredded vegan or regular cheese (*optional)
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1 large handful of fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup of black beans
- 1/2 cup of corn
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced
- *Optional toppings: salsa or greek yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Drizzle the sliced sweet potato lightly with olive oil and toss until evenly coated.
- Lay the sliced sweet potato onto a baking sheet in a single layer (you will most likely need two baking sheets) and season with sea salt.
- Bake for 20 minutes, and then flip over and bake for an additional 10 minutes until crisp.
- Remove the pan from the oven, and sprinkle the shredded cheese, beans and corn on top.
- Place back in the oven for 3-5 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle the cilantro, scallions and avocado on top.
- Arrange "nachos" on a serving platter, and top with salsa or greek yogurt if desired.