Summer is coming! Ah!
I like to think of April as crunch time. Literally. It’s the month leading up to summer, which means I’m going be in a bikini soon whether I like it or not. These past few weeks everyone around me is on some different type of juice cleanse, no carb diet, or workout program. Maria is doing the Kayla Itsines 12 Week Bikini Body Program… and I’m doing the green juice, no carb, I don’t feel like working out program. Damn you Summer.
Now the real challenge is being social this month. Like how am I supposed to go to happy hour, or on a date when I am living off pureed vegetables? Key: choose healthy options, and don’t eat like 7 servings. 🙂 I went to my brother-in-law’s family party last weekend and his two beautiful cousins made this amazing Southwest Salsa. They found the recipe from Julia’s Album , a great health and lifestyle blog. I loaded my plate with this delicious app, while avoiding all things Italian and fried.
This Southwest Salsa is light, fresh and perfect for entertaining! It’s also delicious over grilled chicken or fish for a healthy meal. Crunch time people! 😉
- 2 cups pineapple, chopped in small cubes
- 1 cup of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup corn,
- 2 vine tomatoes, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, minced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Put the chopped pineapple in a strainer and allow the juices to drain while you are chopping your other vegetables (this prevents the salsa from getting watery later).
- Mix all chopped ingredients for in a large bowl.
- Add lime juice, salt and pepper to taste, and mix through.
- Recipe courtesy of Julia's Album