It was about three years ago now that Alyssa and I decided to go on a whim and start a blog. We were in the middle of the Clean Program’s 21 Day Cleanse for the first time, and desperately searching for recipes. We couldn’t find any blogs dedicated to just recipes for the Clean Program, so we figured we would start our own.
Naming a blog is hard. Or at least for us it was. We were trying to go the route of using “sisters,” “NYC” and “clean eating” all in the same title, and it just wasn’t working. Then one afternoon when Alyssa was over, I was in my kitchen and the idea “Spinach for Breakfast” just popped into my head. At first we were like, “is that weird?” But then it started to grow on us, so we went with it!
Spinach for Breakfast quickly grew from just a blog for the Clean Cleanse to a healthy living blog with an aspect of balance. We also have some excited new things coming, so stayed tuned over the next month or so. S4B is getting some work done. 😉
- 10 oz of unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 large handfuls of spinach
- 1 scoop of vanilla or chocolate plant-based protein
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1 handful of frozen mango
- 1 spoonful of almond butter
- 1 teaspoon of chia seeds or flax meal
- Add all ingredients to a high-speech blender, and blend until smooth.
- For cleanse cleanse, eliminate banana and add extra mango
Shop the Post