Anytime Lou and I are going to order food the question is always “sushi or Mexican?” Lou would prefer a nice Italian sub with all your meats, I just don’t have the same love for sandwiches (or prosciutto). We order sushi a lot because I can’t make a brown rice salmon avocado roll at home (and I just loveeee sushi). Mexican however, I can handle. 🙂
This Sweet Potato Burrito Bowl needs to be in your life. It’s perfect for all you vegans out there because it’s meat and dairy free! There is so much flavor going on you don’t even need the cheese (I promise).
This recipe makes two bowls, but is super easy to double or triple for leftovers!
- 1 cup of brown rice
- 1 sweet potato, diced
- Olive oil
- Chili powder
- Garlic powder
- sea salt
- 1 cup of black beans
- 1 red pepper, sliced into strips
- 1/4 jalapeño, sliced thin (*optional)
- Trader Joes Enchilada Sauce (*or Sriracha/any other "Mexican" style sauce)
- Avocado, diced (*not pictured)
- Pico de Gallo
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook the brown rice according to package directions.
- Toss the sweet potato evenly in olive oil, chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, sea salt and pepper.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Add olive oil to a pan and sauté the red pepper with a dash of sea salt and pepper until tender.
- Add the rice to a bowl and top with sweet potato, black beans, red pepper, jalapeño, cilantro, avocado, pico de Gallo and the enchilada sauce.