It’s Day 1 of our 30-Day Vegan Challenge!
If you are joining us, please do not think you are going to starve this month. 🙂 Just because a meal is vegan, it does not mean it’s going to be four lettuce leaves on a plate with some tofu. Girl’s gotta eat… 🙂 We plan on making all of our meals filling and delicious.
That being said, you may potentially lose some weight this month if you are not already a super clean eater. Most of the “bad for you foods” like pizza, burgers, and cookies contain meat, dairy or eggs. So naturally, you may become more of a conscious healthy eater while trying to keep it vegan.
We are starting out our 30-Day Vegan Challenge with a creamy Vegan Pumpkin Pasta. Like hi, how good does this look!? The sauce is, of course, dairy free and we also used gluten free pasta. 🙂
For our Clean Program followers, add this to your list of Clean Cleanse recipes!
- 1 package of quinoa or brown rice pasta
- 1 tablespoon of Earth Balance vegan spread or olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 heaping cup of organic pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup of vegetable broth
- 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon of chili powder
- 2 tablespoons of unsweetened almond milk
- Sea salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon of fresh rosemary
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, add the Earth Balance or olive oil to a pan over medium heat.
- Add garlic and shallots and sauté briefly until fragrant.
- Add the pumpkin puree, vegetable broth, nutmeg, chili powder, and a few dashes of sea salt and pepper and mix through.
- Allow to simmer for 8-10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Pour sauce mixture into a blender and add the two tablespoons of almond milk. Blend until completely smooth. Taste test for additional sea salt or pepper. *If sauce is too thick for you, thin out with an additional tablespoon of almond milk.
- Pour sauce over the cooked pasta once drained and mix through.
- Garnish with fresh rosemary.
Shop the Post