I saw this idea for whipped feta and cherry tomatoes on Spoon Fork Bacon (super cute blog!) and was like I need to make this, and it needs to be on a pizza.
I’ll be honest, I haven’t found a pre-made gluten free pizza crust that I like yet. I don’t do the squeezing of the cauliflower thing, and everything else I’ve tried has just been meh. So I typically just go for normal pizza if I am going to eat it, and deal with the stomach ache. Word on the street is Trader’s Joes has a pre-made cauliflower pizza crust. I’ve been stalking the one by me like a hawk, and it’s always sold out!
Anyway, the topping on this Whipped Feta and Roasted Cherry Tomato Pizza is so good the crust is an afterthought. I love cheese. Like all forms. So this whipped feta and parmesan topped with herbs and roasted tomatoes just hits the spot!
Comment below with your favorite gluten free/healthy pizza crust brands!
- 1 gluten free/whole wheat pizza crust
- 1 package of tri-colored cherry tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil (plus extra for drizzling)
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- fresh thyme
- sea salt and pepper
- 6oz crumbled feta
- 1 tablespoon of parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup of almond milk
- dired oregano
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Brush olive oil on your pizza crust and set aside.
- In a glass baking dish, add the tomatoes in a single layer and then pour in the 3 tablespoons of olive oil, garlic, thyme, sea salt and pepper and gently combine.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the tomatoes are soft and bursting.
- While the tomatoes are roasting, add the feta, parmesan, and almond milk to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Bake the pizza crust according to package directions.
- Spread with whipped feta onto the pizza crust and season with dried oregano.
- Using a slotted spoon, evenly top with the roasted cherry tomatoes.
- Add another sprinkle of parmesan