This is literally the first non-overnight, warm oatmeal recipe I’ve ever posted on S4B. I’ve been so obsessed with overnight oats that I forgot about like, traditional oatmeal.
Although it’s going to be 85 degrees today in NY, I’m still feeling all fall things inside. I love cinnamon baked apples. Apple pie is actually my #2 favorite dessert, next to an ice cream cone. 🙂
This Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal is SO good! It’s also super easy to make a big batch and reheat it in the morning for a warm and cozy breakfast. Details below. 🙂
- 1 cup of water or almond milk
- sea salt
- 1/2 cup of old fashioned oats
- 1/2 apple, peeled and diced
- 1/2 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of coconut palm sugar (*optional)
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Add the water to a small sauce pan with a few dashes of sea salt and bring to a boil.
- Add the oats and bring to a boil, then turn heat to low and cook for 10-15 minutes until the water is absorbed. Stir occasionally.
- Remove from heat and allow to stand (*you can add a dash of cinnamon to the oats if you'd like!)
- In a second small saucepan, add the coconut oil over medium heat.
- Stir in the apples, coconut palm sugar and cinnamon and mix until the apples are soft and a caramel-like sauce forms.
- Stir in the raisins.
- Top the apple and raisin mixture over the oats and enjoy.
You Might Need These