Blueberry Spelt Pancakes
Sometimes there’s nothing quite like a big ole’ stack of fluffy Blueberry Spelt Pancakes. As I’ve mentioned before, ever since I got pregnant ‘ve been able to tolerate gluten with only very mild symptoms. This is something I haven’t been able to do in about 10 years! I still tend to go for gluten free grains just because they are easier on my digestive system. And, honestly just because I’m so used to cooking and baking mostly gluten free. But, I try to incorporate other flours from time to time now that my gut has given me the green light!
This weekend I found a bag of spelt flour in my cupboard that I needed to use up. I love spelt flour because it’s a little easier to digest than wheat and is super light and slightly sweet. In other words, it’s absolutely perfect for pancakes! Especially these Blueberry Spelt Pancakes, which have no added sugars and make for a perfect healthy breakfast.
- 1 3/4 cups of spelt flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- Dash of salt
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups nut milk
- 3 Tablespoons olive or avocado oil
- 1 cup of blueberries
- Mix the spelt flour, baking powder, salt, oil, and nut milk together. Fold the blueberries in.
- Heat a frying pan over medium-low heat.
- Spray the pan with olive oil or coconut oil spray, and then add 1/4 cup of the batter.
- When the pancake starts to dry on the edge and bubble (about 1-2 minutes), flip over. Cook another 1-2 minutes.