Fluffy Blueberry Spelt Pancakes
A cozy winter morning calls for a cozy winter breakfast. Although I love green protein smoothies in the morning, I find myself passing on the blender and going for warm bowls of oatmeal, eggs or pancakes. The best part is that you can still stay healthy and go for what your body is craving!
One of my favorite pancake recipes are these Fluffy Blueberry Spelt Pancakes. Although spelt flour is not gluten free, it is often tolerated better than wheat flour. It also boosts the immune system, builds strong bones, reduces cholesterol, blood pressure and blood sugar, and is rich in magnesium. Plus it a bit lighter and sweeter than wheat flour, so your pancakes taste amazing. 🙂 I make a big batch of these blueberry spelt pancakes and store half in the freezer for a go-to breakfast option when I need it. And when I have time I enjoy them with a cup of matcha and a face mask. 🙂
- 1 3/4 cups of spelt flour
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- Dash of sea salt
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups of almond milk
- 3 tablespoons of olive/coconut/avocado oil
- 1 cup of blueberries
- n a large bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder and sea salt together.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg, almond milk and oil together.
- Pour into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined (do not over-mix).
- Add in the blueberries and gently mix through.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Lightly coat with oil or butter and using a 1/4 measuring cup, scoop the batter onto the pan.
- Allow the pancakes to cook until you begin to see bubbles and the bottom is golden brown. Flip and continue to cook on other side until done.