When it comes to vegan desserts things can get a bit tricky. No milk, no butter, no eggs. So instead you have things like almond milk, coconut oil and flax eggs.
And like, what is a flax egg.
But today we are starting you guys out with something super easy and delicious. Our gluten free, vegan Chocolate Almond Butter Rice Crispy Treats are a no bake dessert that everyone will love! The hardest part is not eating them all at once. 🙂
- 1 cup of creamy almond butter/natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup of raw honey or agave
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of raw cocoa powder
- 2 1/2 cups of brown rice cereal (we used Erewhon)
- Raw cocoa nibs or mini chocolate chips for the top (Sunspire for vegan option)
- In a small sauce pan over medium-low heat, stir together the almond butter, honey and vanilla extract.
- Mix in the raw cocoa powder.
- In a separate medium bowl, pour in one cup of brown rice cereal.
- Pour in the almond butter/honey mixture into the bowl and mix through.
- Add the remaining 1 1/2 cups of brown rice cereal (one cup at a time) and mix through.
- Press mixture into a glass baking pan.
- Sprinkle cocoa nibs or chocolate chips on top and press down.
- Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Cut into squares.
Shop the Post