We didn’t name our blog Spinach for Breakfast for nothing 🙂
Before I did my first Clean program cleanse, breakfast for me was always some type of empty carb; cereal, toast, an english muffin, a granola bar. Although I was a happy clam downing a bowl (let’s be real- two bowls) of Special K in the morning, I was always tired and hungry again a few hours later.
During my first 21-day Clean program cleanse I was required to have a smoothie in the morning for both nutritional and digestive benefits. Quick digestion gives your little bod more time and energy to spend on you! For more info on my experience with the Clean Program check out my My Way article!
Two years later and I am still drinking a green smoothie for breakfast almost every morning. Not only am I physically starting my day off healthy, I am also mentally setting myself up for healthy choices for the rest of the day. Like, “I started out great this morning, so I might as well keep that going today!” Or whatever you want to tell yourself 🙂
We are always coming up with new smoothies to try so we don’t get bored! Our Chocolate Cherry Green Smoothie is sweet and delicious! Perfect for regular smoothie drinkers or anyone just starting out. So remember friends, don’t be afraid to have Spinach for Breakfast!
- 10 oz unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 frozen banana
- large handful of frozen cherries
- two large handfuls of spinach
- 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder (or a tablespoon of raw cocoa powder)
- 1 spoonful of almond butter
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Clean Cleanse: replace banana with additional frozen cherries or ice
Shop the Post