Give me all the dessert oatmeal! I have a huge sweet tooth, and eat chocolate multiple times a day, but I don’t have chocolate for breakfast. It’s just not what I am in the mood for. But give me an hour or two and I’m ready. 😉
This Chocolate Chip Tahini Oatmeal with Caramelized Bananas is SO good! It’s a hearty bowl for when I am craving chocolate or something sweet, but I am also really hungry. It curbs the craving, but actually fills me up. Because if I don’t eat something like this, I end up eating a whole chocolate bar; and then I’m still hungry! So does the trick. 🙂
- 2 cups of almond milk
- 1 cup of rolled oats (I used gluten free oats)
- 1 tablespoon of tahini
- 1 banana, cut into thick slices
- 2 teaspoons of coconut oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of coconut palm sugar
- chocolate chips
- add the almond milk to a pot and bring to a boil.
- add the oats, stir and lower the heat to a simmer.
- simmer for about 15 minutes until most of the liquid is absorbed, cover and remove from heat. let it stand for 2 minutes.
- while the oats are cooking, add the coconut oil to a pan over medium heat
- sprinkle the coconut sugar into the oil and then add the banana slices in a single layer
- simmer for 3-4 minutes until browned, then flip and simmer on the other side for about a minute
- add the cooked oatmeal to a bowl
- add another splash of almond milk, a spoonful of tahini, the caramelized bananas and a sprinkle of chocolate chips.
- mix together for a chocolate swirl. 🙂