Chocolate Chip Tahini Oatmeal with Caramelized Bananas
I only recently re-discovered tahini, and wow it’s good! (Tip: make sure the tahini brand you try isn’t bitter, otherwise you’ll be like me and avoid it thinking all tahini tastes that way!). I also found out that tahini is especially delicious when paired with chocolate. Normally I’m not a huge chocolate 4 breakfast type of person. Even as a kid I would go for the glazed donut over the chocolate dipped one, and I was never a chocolate cereal girl. But I do eat chocolate every day. And we do have several chocolate oatmeal and other chocolatey breakfast recipes on the blog, because I mean, chocolate.
This Chocolate Chip Tahini Oatmeal with Caramelized Bananas is one of those things that I make and keep in the fridge, and then when I’m hungry and craving something sweet I’ll dig into it. It not only satisfies my chocolate sweet craving, but also fills me up. It’s actually just as delicious cold as it is hot, so feel free to enjoy it at whatever temperature floats your boat.
- 1 cup of old fashioned oats
- 1 cup of unsweetened nut milk
- 1 Tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 banana
- 1 Tablespoon
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1-2 teaspoons of maple syrup (to taste, optional)
- 1/4 cup tahini
- bring the nut milk, chia seeds, and oats to a boil, then reduce the heat and cook for another 10 minutes.
- In a small pan, heat the oil. Slice the bananas and add to the pan. Flip once golden on the bottom.
- Stir in the tahini to the oatmeal, then top with chocolate chips and the caramelized bananas.