Chocolate, Peanut Butter Caramel Rice Krispies
Ok besides the fact that this dessert has chocolate, peanut butter AND caramel, it’s also gluten free, dairy free AND refined sugar free!
The bottom layer is one of my favorite easy desserts to make! All you need is brown rice cereal, honey and peanut butter. The caramel layer is actually made from dates and a splash of nut milk, and the chocolate layer is… chocolate. 😉 But you can use dark chocolate or a paleo brand to keep everything refined sugar free!
- 3 cups of brown rice cereal (I used Barbara's Bakery)
- 1/2 cup of peanut butter
- 1/3 cup of honey
- 2 cups of pitted dated (soaked in water for at least 2 hours prior)
- 1/4 cup of almond milk
- 1 cup of chocolate chips/chopped chocolate bar
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- in a medium pot, add the peanut butter and honey and stir over low heat until warm.
- pour in the cereal and mix through.
- press the mixture into a square pan lined with parchment paper and place in the freezer to set.
- in a food processor add the soaked dates (drain the water) and the almond milk and process until smooth. You many need to add more almond milk, and you will also have to stop and scrape down the sides periodically.
- spread the date caramel on top of the rice cereal bars in an even layer and place back in the freezer.
- heat the chocolate and coconut oil until smooth and creamy
- pour on top of of caramel and spread on top in an even layer.
- place in the freezer one last time to set.
- remove from freezer and allow to thaw slightly before cutting into bars or squares.
- store in the freezer.