Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats
Hi guys! Ok keeping this short because as you probably saw, I have a lot of blog posts to re-write! The point is these are delicious. Gluten free, dairy free, no-bake and super easy! The ingredients are fairly important if you want to keep them as “healthyish” as they are here. But if you find other brands you like, go for it! The one thing to remember is to store these in the fridge or freezer. Because we are using real peanut butter (like, not Jif) and honey, they will begin to soften over time if left out at room temp. Don’t worry though, you’ll eat them before that happens. 😉
- 3 cups of One Degree Organic sprouted brown rice cacao crisps
- 1/2 cup of peanut butter
- 1/3 cup of honey
- 1/3 cup of Enjoy Life chocolate chips (plus more for sprinkling)
- combine the peanut butter, honey and chocolate chips in a sauce pan over medium low heat.
- stir continuously until the chocolate is melted (lower heat if needed)
- mix in the cereal and gently stir until all of the cereal is coated (you can also do this in a separate bowl)
- press firmly into a square pan lined with parchment paper (I use another sheet of parchment paper on top)
- sprinkle additional chocolate chips on top
- store in the freezer for at least 30 minutes.
- slice into squares and store in the freezer or fridge