These Gluten Free Chicken Quesadillas are one of our top pinned recipes on Pinterest, and deserved a second photo shoot.
You may think we are just being lazy (we are) but we wanted to jump these bad boys to the front of our blog because they are that good. We used hummus and chopped avocado to give these “quesadillas” the same creamy texture, without the queso. Then we loaded grilled chicken and veggies between two brown rice tortillas for a guilt-free, healthy upgrade.
Thank you guys for loving this recipe. 🙂
- 2 organic chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 4 brown rice tortillas
- 4 tablespoons of hummus
- 1/2 avocado
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Spices: oregano, cumin, garlic powder, sea salt pepper
- Toss the chicken in desired spices.
- Add oil to a pan, and saute the chicken until fully cooked.
- Remove and set aside.
- Add oil back to the pan and add in the garlic and onions. Saute until fragrant.
- Add the peppers, with a dash of sea salt and pepper and saute until tender.
- Add the chicken back to the pan and mix through.
- Using a different large pan, add a drizzle of olive oil over medium heat.
- Add one tortilla and cook on both sides until lightly browed.
- Spread the hummus on one side of each tortillas.
- Spread the chicken and vegetable mixture and the chopped avocado onto one tortilla and top with the second.
- Press down and then cut into triangles.
Shop the Post