So I recently watched the movie Bad Moms. I know I’m a little late to the game, and that there was some “Mom controversy” over whether it was over-dramatized, but I thought it was freaking hysterical. Maybe it’s because I’m not a mom, or because I like understand that it was a movie and made to be funnier than real life; but I died.
The only thing I can actually relate to is when you want to put effort into something (or look like you’re putting effort in) and you don’t have the time. Homemade desserts are like an automatic A. You always get the “Oh my God you made these!?” reaction, and you can’t lie, it feels good.
So, I legit have the easiest recipe for you. It’s three ingredients, you can’t mess it up because it’s literally all chocolate, and will take about 5 minutes to make. I cut these into super small squares and store them in my freezer for “a little something sweet” after dinner, but you can also create your own Cocoa Crunch Bars like I did in the photos. And for a tad healthier version, try using really dark or raw chocolate. 🙂
- 2 teaspoons of coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cups of dark chocolate chips (or vegan chocolate chips)
- 3/4 cup of chocolate brown rice cereal (or plain brown rice cereal)
- Using a double boiler, melt the coconut oil and chocolate together.
- Add in the brown rice cereal and stir until combined.
- Line an 8in square pan with parchment paper and pour the mixture in.
- Use a spatula to even out the mixture.
- Freeze for 15 minutes.
- Allow to rest at room temperature for 10-15 minutes before cutting into bars.
- This recipe makes 9 bars as shown, or 18 squares.