Cold Green Bean Salad
Hosting for the holiday. You either thrive under the pressure or hate your other family members for suggesting you do it. And we all know your oven can only fit so much. Unless you have a double oven, then you’re #blessed. So having a good balance of make-ahead dishes is super helpful. And if you can make it ahead of time, store it in the fridge, and then serve it cold; it’s even better. 😉
This Cold Green Bean Salad is a super easy and delicious side. I boil the greens beans, prep the veggies, and make the dressing, then when it’s time to eat just toss everything together and serve! Plus it’s bright and colorful, which I personally think helps people take a second look at the veggies. 😉
- 1 large bag green beans (about 2 lb or around 48oz)
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup of slivered almonds
- ½ red onion, diced
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- In a large pot, bring water to a rolling boil.
- Remove the tips of the green beans and add the green beans to the pot and return to a boil.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes, then immediately rinse with cold water and let sit in cold water with ice to blanch.
- While the green beans are cooking and cooling, finely dice half of a red onion. Place in a bowl or jar and add the pepper, salt, mustard, olive oil, vinegar, and lemon juice. Whisk or shake until well combined.
- Place the diced celery, halved tomatoes and green beans in a large bowl.
- Shake or whisk the dressing once more, then pour in and mix until well coated.
- Top with the slivered almonds (mix again to encorporate, optional). Enjoy!