Cranberry Stuffed Apples
My Instagram feed is currently filled with cookie pictures, and it’s truly the gift that keeps on giving! When it comes to the holidays, I love whipping up a good mix of classic recipes and healthy alternatives (basically how I am with all my food). But sometimes, I want something that’s sweet, festive, and not a cookie!
Enter Cranberry Stuffed Apples. This recipe is honestly one of my favorite winter desserts! They’re just as warm and cozy as our Skinny Baked Pears recipe, but with a more wintery twist. Plus, they’re great for parties as each Cranberry Stuffed Apple is like a cute, individual cobbler.
- 3 large Honeycrisp apples
- 1/2 cup whole cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 Tablesppon honey
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons of butter
- Dash salt
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup flour (gluten free optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup quick oats
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Slice each apple in half. Use the knife to carefully remove the stem, seeds, and bottom blossom from each half without removing too much of the rest of the apple.
- Holding one half in your hand, use a spoon to chip away at and scoop out the inside of the apple until a “bowl” is formed, setting aside the apple bits. The inside should be mostly carved out, with an edge about a quarter inch thick. Repeat and place the scooped out apple halves onto a baking tray.
- Roughly dice the apple bits into smaller chunks. Place in a pot with the cranberries, butter, vanilla, honey, lemon juice, salt, and cinnamon and cook over medium heat until the apples and cranberries have cooked down somewhat and a thick, cinnamon sauce has formed.
- Remove the pot from the heat, and scoop the filling out evenly into each scooped out apple half.
- Add the topping ingredients into a bowl and mix until a crumble forms. Spread evenly on top of each stuffed apple.
- Gently cover the stuffed apples with a sheet of aluminum foil. Place in the oven and cook for 20-40 minutes, until the apples are cooked through. Remove the foil for the last 5 minutes of baking.
- Remove the stuffed apples from the oven. Serve warm with ice cream, whipped cream, or yogurt.