Creamy Chia Overnight Oats
I’ve been making my overnight oats the same way for years. Always old fashioned oats and only enough liquid for the oats to be soft, but not soupy. I would add fruit or banana into the mix and the texture was just the way I liked it!
So I still love my overnight oats made that way, but the other day I decided to switch things up and use quick oats instead. I altered the recipe a bit and ended up with these super creamy chia overnight oats that I LOVE! The recipe below is just the basic overnight oatmeal recipe. Take that, and then add in your favorites! I love to make a bowl like this with fruit and a scoop of yogurt and peanut butter. My bowl is usually a hot mess (I just mix everything together), I make things pretty for the blog. 😉
So whether you love your oats more or less creamy, I’ve got recipes for ya. 😉 Tag @spinach4breakfast in your overnight oat bowls so we can see! xo
- 1 1/2 cups of quick oats
- 2 cups of nut milk
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 1-2 tablespoons maple syrup (*you can also omit this!)
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- dash of sea salt
- Place all the ingredients into a medium container and mix until combined.
- Cover and place in the fridge overnight.
- Top with fruit, nuts, nut butter, yogurt, or anything else you'd like!