Keeping this post short and sweet as I type with one hand and hold Luca with the other. 🙂 He’s 9 days old today, and I can’t wait to share more about him with you!
Ok so this Creamy Greek Yogurt Mac & Cheese is so easy to make! It’s a lightened up version of the classic, but still has all the real cheesy flavor. I like to use a quinoa or chickpea pasta for extra protein and fiber. Hope you guys enjoy!
- 1 8oz box of pasta (quinoa, chickpea or whole wheat)
- 1 1/2 cups of organic shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup of plain greek yogurt (I used 2%)
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground mustard powder
- 2 tablespoons to a 1/4 cup of reserved pasta water
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, add the cheese, yogurt, garlic powder, mustard powder and two tablespoons of pasta water to a small pot and mix over low heat until melted.
- Drain pasta and add it back to the pot.
- Pour in the cheese sauce and mix through, adding the rest of the pasta water if needed.
- Serve immediately.