I live for this soup in the fall. It’s vegan, super low in fat and calories, yet still creamy and flavorful.
We’ve talked a lot on S4B about the power of having healthy soups for dinner, and how that can lead to weight loss, better digestion, and a flatter stomach. It’s a go-to for us anytime we have something coming up where we want to make sure we are looking and feeling our best.
So be sure to make a batch of our Skinny Pumpkin Soup this fall, along with some of our other veggie-based soup recipes! We’ve got one for every night of the week. 😉
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil or coconut oil
- 3 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 15oz can of organic pumpkin puree
- 2 cups of vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup of unsweetened almond milk (or more to thin out consistency)
- A few dashes of sea salt & pepper
- Pumpkin seeds for garnish
- In a large pot, drizzle the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the carrots,onion and garlic and sauté for 3-4 minutes until fragrant.
- Stir in the pumpkin, cinnamon, chili powder, paprika, sea salt and pepper.
- Add the vegetable broth.
- Bring to a boil and then cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes until carrots are fork tender.
- Pour everything into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add almond milk to thin out to desired consistency.
- Garnish with cinnamon and pumpkin seeds.
Shop the Post