Creamy Vegan Pumpkin Pasta
Bringing on the cozy fall dishes. 🙂 So I love a cream sauce. When I was a kid I would only order fettuccine alfredo while we were out to dinner. Even now I still prefer a creamy pasta. The problem with the creamy pastas is like, you know… the cream. And the butter and the cheese. None of those things sit very well in my stomach, or on my hips. So when you can eat a creamy pasta dish that is dairy free, low in fat and calories, and healthy, it’s a major win!
This Creamy Vegan Pumpkin Pasta is one of my favorite comfort foods for fall. I get all the cozy feels with a dish that is still packed with good things for my bod. And like everything on here, it’s super simple to make!
- 1 package of pasta (I used quinoa pasta)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 heaping cup of organic pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup of vegetable broth
- 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon of chili powder
- 2 tablespoons of unsweetened almond milk
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup of fresh parsley, chopped
- cook pasta according to package directions.
- while the pasta is cooking, add the earth balance or olive oil to a pot or pan over medium heat.
- add the garlic and shallots and sauté briefly until fragrant.
- add the pumpkin puree, vegetable broth, nutmeg, chili powder, and a few generous dashes of sea salt and pepper and mix through.
- allow to simmer for 8-10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- pour sauce mixture into a blender and add the two tablespoons of almond milk. blend until completely smooth. taste test for additional sea salt or pepper needed. *if sauce is too thick for you, thin out with an additional tablespoon of almond milk.
- drain pasta and it add back to the pot.
- pour in the sauce and gently mix through.
- garnish with fresh parsley