Creamy Vegan Pumpkin Pasta
If you’re looking for another cozy fall meal, we’ve got you covered with this Creamy Vegan Pumpkin Pasta! I absolutely love cream sauce. When I was younger would only order fettucine alfredo when I was out to dinner. Even now I still prefer a creamy pasta over something tomato based. But the problem with creamy pasta is, well, you know… All the cream, and the butter, and the cheese. Unfortunately none of these things tend to sit well in my stomach, especially all together at once!
So, when can I enjoy a creamy pasta dish that is dairy free, healthy, and still tastes amazing it’s a major win! That’s why I love this Creamy Vegan Pumpkin Pasta so much. Even though I’m not as pumpkin crazy as some people, this pasta dish may be making an appearance on my dinner table year round.
- 1 package pasta
- 1 Tablespoon on-dairy butter or olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 heaping cup of organic pumpkin puree
- Salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened nut milk
- 1/4 cup of fresh parsley, chopped
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Heat the non-dairy butter or olive oil to a pan over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and shallots and sauté briefly until fragrant.
- Add the pumpkin puree, vegetable broth, nutmeg, chili powder, and a few generous dashes of sea salt and pepper and mix. Allow to simmer for 8-10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Pour the sauce mixture into a blender and add the nut milk. Blend until completely smooth. Add additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Drain pasta and add it back to the pot. Pour in the sauce and gently mix through. Garnish with fresh parsley.