Snacks are my downfall. Always have been, always will be. Over the years I’ve gotten better with what I choose to snack on. You can almost always find me eating rice crackers and hummus, apples and peanut butter or roasted chickpeas; but then I also go for things like Pirates Booty, Veggie Sticks and tortilla chips and salsa. Common theme here; salty and crunchy.
I had a bag of frozen edamame beans sitting in my fridge forever. I checked the date (no I didn’t) and decided to thaw them out and roast them into a salty, crunchy perfection. This is the easiest snack to make! Plus, edamame beans are loaded with protein and fiber. And I know there is the whole soy thing, but we’re all about moderation here. 🙂 Feel free to jazz these up with whatever spices you’re craving that day!
- 1 package of shelled edamame (we got ours at Trader Joe's)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Sea salt and pepper
- Garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Pat the edamame beans really dry, and then add to a mixing bowl.
- Drizzle with olive oil, and season with sea salt, pepper and garlic power to taste. Mix through.
- Spread on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper into an even layer.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until crispy.