Dairy Free Frozen Hot Chocolate
I am pretty sure I just made my holiday dairy-free desserts dreams come true! And yours too. 😉
The other night I made this Frozen Hot Chocolate and literally could not get over how thick, creamy and delicious it was! I was basically licking my blender. And this recipe is totally vegan thanks to So Delicious products! I used their Chocolate Coconutmilk, French Vanilla Coconutmilk Creamer and Cocowhip. Everything is also Non-GMO and certified gluten-free.
Then I got this bad boy to be super thick and creamy because of a healthy secret ingredient! I just can’t tell you what it is because…
Ok, I’ll tell you. It’s cauliflower! Yes. Inside this rich and chocolatey dessert are two whole cups of frozen cauliflower rice. That means your chocolate dessert just got a boost of fiber, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals!
Oh and want to know how I made the chocolate rim? Take the same So Delicious Coconutmilk Creamer and bring it to a simmer on the stove. Then pour the hot creamer over dairy free chocolate chips in a separate bowl, allow it to sit for about a minute and then whisk everything together to make a creamy ganache. Dip your glass in and voila! It will harden quickly so you can then spoon in your frozen hot chocolate. You just reached a new level of “let’s impress your guests.” 🙂
And speaking of impressing your guests. This is SUCH an easy dessert to make for a crowd this holiday season. You can pre-dip all your glasses in chocolate and store them in the fridge. Make this frozen hot chocolate ahead of time as well, and then once it’s time for dessert just pour it into the glasses and serve! People will love the little extra touch. And if you are planning on having lots of dessert options, do the same thing in shot glasses with little spoons or straws for a mini size treat.
Wishing everyone a wonderful holiday!
- 1/2 cup of dairy-free chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup of So Delicious Chocolate Coconutmilk
- 1/2 cup of So Delicious French Vanilla Coconut Creamer
- 2 cups of ice
- 2 cups of frozen cauliflower rice
- So Delicious Cocowhip for serving
- In the microwave, on the stove, or in a bowl over a pan of boiling hot water, melt the chocolate chips.
- Once the chocolate is melted, stir in the cocoa powder.
- Once combined, add the chocolate milk and creamer and whisk until well combined. Remove from heat and cool in the fridge for at least 10 minutes.
- Once the hot chocolate has cooled, add to a blender along with 1 cup of ice and 1 cup of frozen cauliflower rice.
- Begin to blend and gradually add more ice and/or cauliflower rice as needed until the desired thickness is achieved. It should be similar to soft-serve ice cream.
- Serve topped with So Delicious Cocowhip and any of your favorite toppings if desired (chocolate sprinkles, chocolate shavings, crushed peppermint, a candy cane, etc.).