Dairy-Free Strawberry Banana Popsicles
I’m 9 months pregnant; and I love dessert. 🙂
This pregnancy I’ve been keeping my usual balanced approach to healthy eating. I love having a green smoothie for breakfast and genuinely enjoy eating plant-based meals. I also have a sweet tooth and love pizza. I just don’t use being pregnant as an excuse to eat these things anytime I want. If I’m hungry I eat more, I just keep things nutritious for both me and the baby.
Let’s zone in on the sweet tooth. I’m a dessert girl. Sit me at a table and give me the choice of a good pasta dish or ice cream and I’ll choose ice cream every time. I keep my sugar cravings at bay by straight up self-control. I eat something sweet at least once a day, but I don’t overdo it.
This brings me to these Dairy-Free Strawberry Banana Popsicles ! Fruit is often a go-to “dessert” of mine, but sometimes I need more than just an apple. I started making these frozen banana pops with So Delicious dairy free coconutmilk yogurt and a drizzle of peanut butter and chocolate, and they have been such a good go-to! I am not dairy-free, but I love the taste of this yogurt and always support brands with a positive purpose. So Delicious only uses high-quality, cruelty-free ingredients. They source from vendors with integrity and ensure that they are both respectful and fair with all of their suppliers. They have a ton of delicious dairy-free yogurt flavors, along with dairy free milks, creamers, ice cream, whipped cream, and cheese.
I used the strawberry banana flavor for this popsicle, but you can really use any flavor you’d like! I like to make a batch of these and keep them in the freezer for an easy dessert to grab. Recipe below!
- 2 bananas
- 1 individual container of strawberry banana coconut yogurt (I used So Delicious)
- peanut butter
- 1/4 cup of chocolate chips
- popsicle sticks
- cut off a small piece on one end of each banana and stick in a popsicle stick
- spoon or dip the bananas in yogurt until fully covered (it may slide off this first time, it's ok just get as much as you can covered)
- lay on a plate with parchment paper and freeze
- once the yogurt is frozen, repeat this step again and freeze
- melt the 1/4 cup of chocolate chips
- remove the frozen bananas and drizzle peanut butter and melted chocolate
- freeze one last time
- allow to thaw for a few minutes before enjoying!
- double or triple this recipe to make a larger batch! store in the freezer in a zip lock bag or closer container.