Easy Trader Joe’s Dinner: Sweet Potato Gnocchi and Sautéed Kale
I am all for easy and healthy meals! Between working, momming, and trying to have some me time, I just want to come home and have dinner made quickly. So thank you Trader Joe’s for existing. 🙂
I live two blocks from TJ’s, so I am there basically every day. Not everything they have is healthy, you need to search, but I do think they are doing a good job getting more organic produce and quick options with non-processed ingredients. Their cauliflower gnocchi is an easy staple (everyone is obsessed for a reason), but the other day I saw they had sweet potato gnocchi and figured I would give it a whirl!
This one isn’t as healthy as the cauliflower version because it’s made with butter and cheese. But on occasion, it’s delish. 🙂 And I just make sure I add tons of veggies to round out the meal! And the best part is, the whole meal can be ready in about 15 minutes!
- olive oil
- 4 heaping cups of de-stemmed chopped kale (about 1/2 Trader Joe's bag)
- 1 package of sweet potato gnocchi
- cherry or mini heirloom tomatoes, halved
- add olive oil to a skillet over medium heat
- add the kale to the pan and sauté until crispy, set aside
- in the same pan follow the directions on the Trader Joe's Sweet Potato Gnocchi package (add one extra tablespoon of water if you want the sauce to be creamier)
- when the gnocchi is cooked gently fold in the kale and tomatoes