Tis the season for holiday themed food! I saw this idea for Festive Stuffed Sweet Potatoes on Instagram and had to recreate. I find any excuse to eat sweet potato, and although I love chopping and roasting, a stuffed sweet potato is an easy full meal.
The herbed goat cheese makes the flavor here, but you can even use a full fat greek yogurt if you want! This would also be an awesome appetizer or side dish for a holiday party. Either use teeny tiny sweet potatoes, or slice larger ones in half lengthwise before baking. 🙂
- sweet potato
- sea salt
- herbed goat cheese
- olive oil
- pomegranate seeds
- preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- pierce the sweet potato a few times with a fork and bake for 45min to an hour until soft
- while the sweet potato is baking, add a small amount of olive oil to a pan and sauté kale with a sprinkle of sea salt until wilted and crispy
- when the sweet potato is cool enough to handle, slice halfway down the middle and smash open with a fork.
- add herbed goat cheese, sautéed kale, chickpeas, and pomegranate seeds.
- Enjoy warm.
- make multiple using small sweet potatoes for a side dish!