Protein Power Oats
When you’re craving oatmeal but know you need some protein! Adding in protein powder is one way to do it, but I find I often don’t love the flavor. Instead, add in an egg or egg whites for the protein boost! You can barely taste it (can’t taste the egg whites at all) and it makes your oatmeal super fluffy! Method is below!
- 1 egg or 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1-2 teaspoons maple syrup or honey
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 Tablespoon ground flaxseed (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon hemp seed (optional)
- 3/4 cup nut milk
- In a microwave safe bowl, use a fork to whisk 1 egg, vanilla, maple syrup or honey, and cinnamon.
- Add flaxseed, hemp seed, oatmeal, and milk. Stir to mix.
- Microwave for 2-3 minutes, then stir and microwave for an additional 1-2 minutes (times may vary depending on microwave strength). The oatmeal will be done when it is fluffy when stirred.
- Stir, then top with your favorite oatmeal toppings.
- This recipe can also be made on the stovetop.