I love a fresh pasta that can be eaten cold or warm. I am actually not a huge tomato sauce girl (besides Rao’s arrabbiata sauce- I’ll eat that with a spoon), so I tend to go for the olive oil or white wine pastas that are a bit more refreshing.
This Fresh Tomato, Basil and White Bean Pasta is basically as easy as boiling the pasta itself. I love the homemade oil and balsamic vinaigrette that can be made in two seconds, and there is really no other cooking required! You just mix in the tomatoes, basil and white beans and you have dinner. 🙂
- 1 box of pasta
- 1/4 cup of good olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- few dashes of pepper
- 1 cup of tricolored cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 can of cannelloni beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup of fresh basil, roughly chopped
- Fresh parmesan
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, whisk together the olive oil, balsamic, garlic, sea salt and pepper into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the tomatoes and cannelloni beans and mix through.
- Drain and rinse the pasta, and then add it to the dressing. Gently fold through until coated.
- Add the fresh basil and a sprinkle of parmesan and mix once more.
- Plate and serve with an extra sprinkle of parmesan.