Frittata Breakfast Sandwich
I make eggs A LOT. Not for breakfast though. I’m more of a “sweet” breakfast girl; smoothies, yogurt, fruit, oats. Except for Sundays. Lou makes eggs on Sundays. 🙂 I have eggs for a snack, lunch or dinner a few times during the week. Basically any time I don’t want to “cook.”
Fritattas are an easy way for me to cook once and eat multiple times! This Frittata Breakfast Sandwich recipe gets me about two to three meals which is nice. I also love that I can just throw veggies right in there so I don’t have to make any sides. The quicker the better when you have a four week old!
- English muffins
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup of milk (any kind)
- 1/4 cup slivered sundried tomatoes
- 2 cups of uncooked spinach
- dash of sea salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup of crumbled feta (optional)
- grass-fed butter/coconut butter/coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cook spinach in skillet until wilted.
- Add sundried tomatoes and heat until warm.
- Whisk milk, eggs, salt, and pepper. Add to a small skillet. Sprinkle feta on top*
- Cook on medium heat until the edge of the frittata appears slightly cooked and the egg begins to pull away from the side of the skillet.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven (or, reduce heat to low and cover with a lid) and complete cook for 5-10mins.
- While the frittata is cooking, lightly toast your English muffins.
- Once the frittata has set and the egg has cooked, remove the skillet from the oven.
- Use a spatula to go around the edges and bottom of the skillet to loosen the frittata. Slide out of the pan onto a plate.
- Use an upside down cup or the lid of a mason jar to cut the frittata into rounds.
- Spread grass-fedbutter/coconut butter/coconut oil on each English muffin
- Assemble sandwich(s) and enjoy! 😊