We recently teamed up with Simple Mills to create a recipe for their website. 🙂
Simple Mills is a small company that makes gluten free crackers and baking mixes. The founder, Kaitlin Smith, started making these mixes in her own kitchen using simple, natural ingredients. Take the Gluten Free Vanilla Cake Mix that we used in this recipe for example. The ingredients consist of almond flour, organic coconut sugar, arrowroot powder, organic coconut flour, baking soda, and sea salt. You can’t get too much better than that!
These Gluten Free Apricot Squares are a perfect no-bake dessert for summer. They take about 10 minutes make, and thanks to this baking mix, even less time to prep. 🙂
- 2 cups of [url href=”http://www.simplemills.com” target=”_blank”]Simple Mills Vanilla Cake Mix[/url] (or two cups of almond/oat flour)
- 40 dried apricots (1 Trader Joe’s bag)
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup raw almond butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup of pecans, chopped
- Place 10 apricots into a food processor or high speech blender, and blend on low until finely chopped.
- Add in the coconut oil and almond butter and blend until combined.
- Remove the mixture and scoop it into a small mixing bowl.
- Add in the two cups of Simple Mills Vanilla Cake Mix or almond/oat flour (one cup at a time) into the bowl and hand mix until combined. The mixture should be crumbly.
- Add parchment paper to the bottom of a 8×8 square pan.
- Pour the curst mixture into the pan and press down firmly until even. Set aside.
- Rinse out your blender/food processor and then place the rest of the apricots in.
- Blend until finely chopped.
- Add in the 1/4 cup of water and blend/process until paste-like.[i] I used the tamper attachment for the Vitamix to help combine.[/i]
- Spoon the apricot puree over the crust and spread evenly.
- Top with chopped pecans.
- Place in the freezer for one hour.
- Cut into squares.
- Store in the fridge or freezer.