It’s officially summer! And if you’re anything like us, your summer is pretty much booked until Labor Day.
Lou and I are at the age where everyone is getting married and no one has kids yet, so we are all trying to do as much as possible before our lives as we know it are officially over. Just kidding. 😉
That being said, I still never have time to slave in the kitchen for hours. If you are familiar with our blog you know that pretty much everything on here is quick and easy to make. So for all the moms out there trying to make dinner with kids running around, or for those of you like myself who pretend to have no time even without kids, here is a quick and healthy dinner for ya!
This Gluten Free Arugula Pasta Salad is light and fresh, and has both protein and vegetables for a well balanced meal! It’s also great to bring as a side dish to any summer dinner party. No one has to know you whipped it up in less than 20 minutes. 🙂
- 1 package of gluten free pasta (brown rice or quinoa pasta)
- 1 1/2 cups of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 1/2 cups of fresh arugula
- 1 can of organic cannelloni beans
- 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lemons ( 1 for juice and 1 for garnish)
- 1/2 cup of goat cheese (*optional)
- Sea salt and pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain pasta (rinse if directions say so) and add to a serving bowl.
- whisk together the 1/4 cup of olive oil, juice from 1 lemon, and sprinkle of sea salt and pepper.
- Mix through the pasta
- Add in the arugula, tomatoes and cannelloni beans and gently mix through.
- Top with goat cheese and lemon slices for garnish.
- Chill in the fridge.
Shop the Post