Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
I LOVE banana bread! Our mom used to make it all the time growing up (zucchini bread too!) so not only is it delicious but it reminds me of home.
So when it comes to making breads, I want it to taste just as amazing as our mom’s, but without the gluten, butter and sugar. 🙂 This Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is SO GOOD! It’s the perfect texture, but has no gluten, dairy, or refined sugar! It means I can enjoy it and still feel good after, which is the goal with most things that I eat.
I make this bread with and without the chocolate chips, depending on whether I want it for breakfast or for dessert. And for those of you who think this recipe looks familiar, it’s an oldie but a goodie. 😉 I just updated the pictures!
- 1 1/2 cups of almond flour
- 1/2 cup of gluten free all purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoons of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 2 organic eggs
- 1/3 cup of maple syrup
- 1/3 cup of chocolate chips
- Coconut oil/Butter (for greasing the bread pan)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a bread pan with coconut oil.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the dry ingredients (flours, baking soda, cinnamon, sea salt).
- In a second medium bowl, mix together the wet ingredients (banana, eggs, maple syrup).
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and combine.
- Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Pour into a bread pan and bake for 45-50 minutes, until lightly brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to completely cool before serving.