I’m on week two of the Kayla Itsines Bikini Body Program!
Before my wedding I was crazy about working out. There’s really no motivation like wedding motivation. Then I got back from my honeymoon and found myself on the couch in sweats instead of on the treadmill. Oops 🙂
But now warmer weather is coming and my few weeks of being a bum are over. Not only do I look better when I am working out, but I feel way better too. I decided to switch up my routine and try Kayla Itsines’s program. I now understand why her body is so ridiculous… her workout program is really freakin hard. I’m talking like my arms were shaking so bad I dropped a handful of chopped vegetables onto the floor… and then proceeded to picked them back up and bake them. Five second rule.
And just because I’m working out hard, and it hurts to climb the subway stairs, it doesn’t mean I can eat whatever I want and still see results. My new obsession are these Gluten Free Blueberry Muffins. These are super easy to make, contain no artificial ingredients or refined sugar, and taste amazing!
- 2 1/2 cups of old fashioned oats/gluten free oats
- 6oz of plain low fat greek yogurt (or one of those individual cups)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of raw honey
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 2 tablespoons of flaxseed meal
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/3-1/2 cup of fresh blueberries
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- line a muffin tin with liners or lightly coat with coconut oil.
- place oats in a food processor or blender and pulse for about 15 seconds until the oat are broken down.
- add the remaining ingredients (except for the blueberries) and process until everything is mixed and the oats are smooth.
- pour batter into bowl and mix in the blueberries
- pour batter into the muffin tin, filling each slot 3/4 of the way full and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.