Fourth of July weekend is here, which means our Instagram feeds will be filled with BBQ’s, bottles of rosé and swan floats.
If you are looking to contribute something festive this weekend, try our Gluten Free Brownie Pie! It’s a gooey chocolate brownie topped with coconut whipped cream and chopped fresh fruit.
So whether you are attempting to stay healthy or throwing all caution to the wind, this chocolatey guilt-free dessert will not disappoint. 🙂
- 3/4 cup of Bob's Red Mill 1:1 Gluten Free Flour
- 1/2 cup raw cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/2 cup of Earth Balance or butter (softened)
- 1 1/2 cups of coconut palm sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 can of full fat coconut milk (stored in the fridge for at least 4 hours)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons of raw honey
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease a round cake pan and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and sea salt and combine.
- Set aside.
- In a smaller mixing bowl, add the Earth Balance and coconut palm sugar.
- Beat together with an electric mixer until combined.
- Add in the egg and vanilla, and beat until combined.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the flour mixture and hand mix until combined.
- Pour the mixture into the cake pan, and spread evenly.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- Place a new mixing bowl in the fridge or freezer for about 5 minutes until it's cold.
- Open the can of coconut milk on the top (it should be very cold) and scoop out ONLY the solid portion into the mixing bowl.
- Add the teaspoon of vanilla and begin to beat with a hand mixer on medium speed until the coconut milk firms (about 2-3 minutes).
- Add the two teaspoons of honey and beat again until peaks form. You can add more honey to adjust the sweetness to your preference.
- Once the brownie has cooled, add the coconut whipped cream on top and spread evenly.
- Top with sliced bananas, strawberries and blueberries.
- Store in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Recipe courtesy of Sweet Remedy
Shop the Post