I wanted to follow Alyssa and quickly re-cap my experience with the 21-day Clean cleanse that ended about a week ago.
This was my first time doing the cleanse and working out with a trainer. I didn’t workout every day, it was more like 3 times a week, and I went easy in the beginning. However, by the second and third week I was actually able to push myself at the gym without feeling like a weakling. Overall, I lost 3 1/2 % body fat. That 1/2% is absolutely necessary to include… 😉 I didn’t weigh myself at the end (I try not to get caught up in numbers on the scale) but I do notice a difference in how my body looks!
That being said, Clean Cleanse guidelines are pretty hard to maintain year round. As good as I feel and look during those 21-days, there were also a lot of sacrifices that had to be made in the social department. That’s why Alyssa and I made this blog. It’s all about the balance.
These Gluten Free Chocolate Raisin Oat Bars have been a great transition food. They are gluten free, dairy free, and sweetened with natural sugars. The chocolate on the top is…. chocolate. But it’s only a drizzle. 😉 Hope you guys like them!
- 2 cups of gluten free oats
- 1/2 baking soda
- 1/2 baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 large ripe bananas, mashed well
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons of almond extract
- 1 tablespoon of melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of raisins
- 1 cup of chocolate chips (*can be vegan)
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a blender or food processor, process 1 1/2 cups of oats into a fine flour.
- Add the oat flour to a medium mixing bowl.
- Add the remaining 1/2 cup of oats (not processed), baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon and mix through.
- Add in the mashed banana, maple syrup, coconut oil and almond extract and mix well until combined.
- Add in the raisins and mix through.
- Pour the batter into an 8×8 baking dish that is lined with parchment paper or tin foil, and spread out until even.
- Bake for 30 minutes. The top should be golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Melt the 1 cup of chocolate chips and drizzle over the top.
- Place the dish in the fridge and allow the chocolate to harden.
- Cut into 9 squares.